Friday, September 11, 2009
Jonathan: The made up world of college singles wards
Well Jonathan called me this week to let me know that he received his very first calling in church as "a big boy" (that's my quote...not his). So obviously I was very excited for him and couldn't wait to find out what my talented and educated son will be doing in his new ward. He was quick to let me know that it was a "dumb made up" calling for college wards. What? How could this be? There is no such thing as a made up calling...is there? Well I can't remember the official title of his calling...but it was something like...Media Specialist for the Elders Quorum. Oh mama...what exactly is that? Well apparently his responsibility is to assist the advisers in Elders Quorum to find out what church media items might enhance their lessons. He was even given a flow chart to show him where he fits in the scheme of things. Ok...Ok...so now I do agree...there is such a thing as a made up calling. All I have to say...is enjoy it while it lasts...you have no where to go but up. At least you are not the "sacrament meeting greeter". I am campaigning for our ward to make that one up and give it to me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'll have you know...our ward HAS sacrament meeting greeters! And they were sustained for it! (We have a huge ward!)
We do too! (They are the Sudweeks! Aren't they perfect?)
DEFINITELY such things as made up callings. Joshua's cousin is the NORTH relief society door greeter. I was on the dorm prayer committee (?) like all freshman year.
Post a Comment