Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boys will be boys


Well my whole family knows I am a freak about keeping my kids safe. I always remind them to be safe and reiterate what they should and should not be doing. One of my number one concerns is my invincible boys on 4-wheelers. But as any good mom knows...you can't keep your boys living in a bubble...(or can you?)...so I usually let them go out exploring on their friends 4-wheelers. Because you know I draw the line at actually owning them myself. So Cameron was out joy riding on the back of Derek Shumways ride... Well let me stop right there and give you a math equation. (4-Wheeler) + (adolescence boys) + (giggly girls) = DISASTER

Yes I am afraid that is what ended up happening. Derek was taking the sand dunes a little to fast and Cameron was to macho to hold onto Derek's waist so off the back he fell. Luckily...because I am a freak mom remember...he was wearing his helmet because he hit his head pretty hard. In the end his helmet and glasses ended up falling off in his rolling/tumbling fall. He eventually made it home (the girls were kind enough to drive him home in their Rhino) and Henry got ice on it right away. This all happened while I was in Enterprise playing volleyball.


No comments:

Followers